Pipeline and Commercial Insight: Moderate to Severe Chronic Nociceptive Pain – Anti-abuse opioids set to prosper
The moderate to severe chronic nociceptive pain market has boomed in the years since the removal of generic extended-release oxycodone from the US, growing in value to eclipse $10 billion. However, this reprieve will be short-lived with the pipeline and recently-launched drugs unable to fill the void left by generic erosion of OxyContin (controlled-release oxycodone, Purdue).
Buy Now: Commercial Insight MarketBrowse all Research Reports On : Opiodis Market
- Analysis of patient segmentation, epidemiology, current treatment approaches, the patient acquisition process and clinical unmet needs
- Breakdown of historic (200509) and future (201019) prescription sales across the seven major markets (US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK)
- Review of key pipeline trends, issues in clinical trial design and the implications of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies required by the FDA
- Commercial and clinical assessment of key late-stage pipeline drugs, with key opinion leader comment and region-specific sales forecasts to 2019
Aided by continued growth of OxyContin and the launch of opioids incorporating anti-abuse technologies, the market is set to peak at $11.7 billion in 2012. Thereafter, the market will contract to reach $10.5 billion in 2019, when the effect of patent expiries on key brands offsets sales growth of new drugs.
Nucynta ER is the most clinically and commercially attractive pipeline drug, eclipsing the gold standard OxyContin. Backed by Johnson & Johnson, Nucynta ER is forecast to make a significant impact upon the market. Remoxy (extended-release oxycodone, King) and EG-P066 (extended-release morphine) are also both expected to feature as leading brands.
Expectations of the novel anti-NGF class have been dampened following revelations of the osteoarthritis-worsening side effects of tanezumab (RN624, Pfizer). Datamonitor predicts that tanezumab, an NGF monoclonal antibody, will reach the market; however, as a last line therapy in severe cancer pain.
Reasons to Purchase
- Quantify the current and future size of the moderate to severe chronic nociceptive pain market
- Understand the country-specific impact of key events in the moderate to severe chronic nociceptive pain market during the forecast period 2010-19
- Identify potential licensing opportunities based on product portfolios and anticipated market needs
- Opioids Market to 2017 – Steady Uptake of Oxycontin and High Incidence Of Diseases Such As Cancer And Arthritis to Drive the Market
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) – Opioids, Erythropoesis-Stimulating Agents and Cancer Therapeutics are the Most Important Classes That Require REMS
- Pipeline and Commercial Insight: Moderate to Severe Chronic Nociceptive Pain – Anti-abuse opioids set to prosper
- Opioids in Australia Market Forecast
- Commercial Insight: Opioids in Australia
- Opioids Market Forecast
ReportsnReports is comprising of an online library of 75,000 reports, in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets, and 25 industry specific websites. Our client list boasts of almost all well-known publishers of such reports across the globe. We, as a third party reseller of market research reports employ number of marketing tools such as press releases, email-marketing and effective search engine optimization technique to drive revenues for our clients.
We also provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers.
7557 Rambler road,