Drug delivery can play an important role at all stages of a drug’s lifecycle and has become an ever present feature in the business model of the leading pharmaceutical companies. Using the PharmaVitae Explorer database, the report provides an in depth sales analysis of the specific routes of administration driving the pharmaceutical market out to 2014
- Assess how drug delivery has become an ever present feature in the business model of the leading pharmaceutical companies
- Provides an insight into the prominent technology types in the expansive drug delivery segment
- Benchmarks the sales performance of the leading prescription pharmaceutical companies in terms of drug delivery
The oral and injectable segments are the dominant routes of administration in the prescription pharmaceutical market, accounting for more than 80% of combined sales in 2008.
Injectables will see the biggest increase in annual sales at $49 billion over 200814. In contrast, oral drugs will collectively decline by $10.9 billion over the same period.
Slow-growth therapy areas are generally entrenched in oral medications. This dynamic is mirrored by the fast-growth therapy areas, where novel injectable drugs will primarily drive growth.
Reasons to Purchase
- Assess the ways in which drug delivery technology to add value to pharmaceutical products
- Determine current R&D trends in the drug delivery segment
- Examine the long-term sales performance of each delivery type across the leading prescription pharmaceutical players
Buy Now: Market ResearchBrowse All: Pharmaceutical Market by Drug DeliveryBrowse All: Drug Delivery Market
- Drug Delivery Markets Implantable Injectable and Needle Free Delivery Systems
- Drug Delivery Markets Oral Delivery
- Innovations in Oral Solid Drug Delivery: Advances in nanotechnology, controlled formulations & peptide delivery
- Advances in the Transdermal Drug Delivery Market: Market size, leading players, therapeutic focus and innovative technologies
- Global Injectable Drug Delivery Market (2010 – 2015)
- Advanced Drug Delivery Markets (Liposomes, Polymers and Monoclonal Antibodies)
- Oral Drug Delivery Market – Controlled and Sustained Release to be Major Revenue Generators
- Drug Delivery Devices Market Outlook in China to 2016 – Inhalation Systems, Infusion Systems and Others
- U.S. Market for Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery 2010
- “Advanced Oral & Parenteral Drug Delivery Technologies Players, Products & Prospects to 2015 “