Report 8: Frontiers in Carbohydrates Developments: Report 3; Research, Technologies Low Calorie and Non Caloric Sweeteners, January 2011
This report provides summaries of current worldwide research, technology developments in low and non caloric sweeteners that are essential part of food systems to offer alternatives to combat obesity issues and diabetes associated with high calorie consumption. We offer this as a tool that can enhance the reading, thought process along with our insights for today’s overloaded technical, commercial and support management functions. This is our 3rd report in the Frontiers in Carbohydrates and we plan to issue series of similar reports each year to proactively offer areas of targeted research in selected areas; we may evolve this document as we move forward depending on your feedback and serve the changing needs of carbohydrates. This presents our extensive research with comprehensive experience and insights of our associates and me who have spent many years in the carbohydrates research, processing and marketing. Besides we stay on the cutting edge by our continuous scan of carbohydrates research and developments worldwide. Polyols, or sugar alcohols, are derived from carbohydrates whose reducing sugar has been reduced to a hydroxyl group (an alcohol group). . Polyols have reduced caloric levels, reduced insulin response and are non-cariogenic. Xylitol, mannitol and sorbitol have a high negative heat of solution and, therefore, deliver a cooling effect. Polyols do not have a reactive carbonyl group and thus do not contribute to Maillard browning. Natural sweeteners such as Stevia has become very popular in recent years due to as the name “Natural” consumed widely by older cultures and now found its way to the food and beverage industry in global markets worldwide.
In this report we present the most recent activities in research and technologies of critical nutrition and functional carbohydrates of selected areas along with selected patents 2003 to 2010. We also present brief analysis of patent trends, which has most number of patents, what years and segments.
Buy Now: Market Research
- 2011 Worldwide Mortgage & Non-Mortgage Brokers Industry Report
- 2011 U.S. Mortgage & Non-Mortgage Brokers Industry Report
- 2011 U.S. Mortgage & Non-Mortgage Loan Brokers Industry Report
- 2011 U.S. Professional & Management Development Training Industry Report
- 2011 Deep Research Report on Cost and Price of China Wind Power Equipment
- 2011 Deep Research Report on Global and China Wind Turbine Blade Industry
- 2011 Deep Research Report on Global and China CIGS Thin Film Solar Cell Industry
- 2011 Worldwide Marketing Research & Public Opinion Polling Report
- 2010-2011 Deep Research Report on China Wind Power Converter Industry
- 2010-2011 Deep Research Report on China Wind Turbine Blade Industry