Anticonvulsants Market to 2016 – Cost Advantage and Dosage Convenience Provided by Generic Anticonvulsants Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Novel TherapiesAnticonvulsants Market to 2016 –Cost Advantage and Dosage Convenience Provided by Generic Anticonvulsants Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Novel Therapies – Our analysis shows that the overall global anticonvulsant market for the five indications epilepsy, fibromyalgia, migraine, neuropathic pain and bipolar disorder is valued at $7.75 billion in 2009. The market is expected to witness a decline at a CAGR of 0.1% for the forecast period and will reach $7.7 billion by 2016.
Patent expiries of leading anticonvulsant followed by generic erosions are the main reason for decline in anticonvulsant market. However expected launch of new anticonvulsants is expected to stabilize the market in future.
The US was the largest region for the anticonvulsant market in terms of revenue, accounting for 52% followed by Top five countries of Europe and Japan which contributed 36% and 12% respectively.
The top pharmaceutical companies in anticonvulsant market companies – Pfizer, Novartis, Abbott, UCB, Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline. Large amount of fragmentation in the market provides significant scope for consolidation through mergers and acquisitions.
This report provides insights into global anticonvulsant market and market forecast until 2016.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by a team of industry experts.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top five therapeutic indications for which often anticonvulsants are prescribed which includes epilepsy, fibromyalgia, migraine, neuropathic pain and bipolar disorder. The report also examines the Global anticonvulsant treatment usage patterns for the covered indication. In addition, the report also includes insights into the anticonvulsant R&D pipeline.
The scope of this report includes -
- Data and analysis on the global anticonvulsant market.
- Annualized market data for the anticonvulsant market from 2002 to 2009, with forecasts to 2016.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape which covers epilepsy, fibromyalgia, migraine, neuropathic pain and bipolar disorder, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population and treated population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the global anticonvulsant market which includes companies such as Pfizer, Novartis, Abbott, UCB, Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place from 2005 to 2010 in the global anticonvulsant market.
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential region and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth.
- Device a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers of the region’s anticonvulsant market.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and top selling anticonvulsant molecules of leading companies.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
Buy Now: Market Research
Browse All: China Market Research Reports
- Commercial Insight: Anticonvulsants – Non-epilepsy label expansions provide blockbuster potential
- Surgical Equipment Market to 2016 – Emerging Economies to Provide Future Growth Opportunities
- Anticonvulsants Market Forecast
- Antihypertensives Market to 2016 – Generic Erosion Following Patent Expiry of Major ARBs to Impact the Market
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) – Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- FDA Approval for Xgeva (denosumab): Novel Therapies to Drive the Bone Metastases Therapy Market
- Antifungals Market to 2016 – Promising Antifungals in Pipeline Includes Novel Azoles, Polyenes and Echinocandin
- Commercial Insight: Antihormonal Cancer Therapies – Leading brands strive to minimize generic sales erosion
- Commercial Insight: Antidepressants – Novel mechanism offers hope in depressed market
- Underground Coal Gasification: An Advanced Technology to Produce Syngas with Distinct Cost and Environmental Advantages