Buy Now : Market Research
Now China is the largest copper producer and consumer in the world and its demand for copper will keeps strong in the future, thanks to the steady increase in copper output in recent years. However, China is confronted with tight supply and high price of copper, thus, Chinese government has carried out several regulations on copper industry to upgrade the industry and protect the environment.
Copper ore is widely but unevenly distributed in china, with Tibet, Yunnan and Jiangxi being the largest holders of copper reserve. The output of most cathode copper manufacturers in China was continuously increasing in the last 10 years. And many manufactures has expanded or going to expand their copper production capacity by improving the production line or investing a new project in 2010. In the future, sharply increasing demand and Chinese government’s policies will drive Chinese copper production to increase continuously.
Although China is the largest copper production base, there is big gap between supply and demand. China highly depends on imported copper ore, with its self-sufficiency rate witnessing downtrend in last 5 years and its import volume of copper reaching 3.11 million tonnes in 2009. And its self-sufficiency rate was 35.96%in 2009.
SHFE copper price experienced a rapid growth and then a steep dive in the period from 2007-2009, and recovered at the end of 2009. In 2010, SHFE copper price will maintain in the range of USD8,000/t~USD8,900/t. And Chinese demand and weak USD would be the most important factor influencing the copper price in the coming 5 years.
In this report, CCM mainly focuses on the following aspects:
- Major copper producers in China in 2010
- New and potential copper capacity in China in recent years
- Copper production situation in China from 2005 to 2009
- Copper ore reserves situation in China from 2003 to 2009
- Copper price trend in China in 2010-2015
- Opportunities in this industry
- China copper mining industry, 2011
- China copper smelting industry, 2011
- China copper mining industry, 2010
- China copper smelting industry, 2010
- China Copper Mining and Dressing Industry, 2008
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.: SWOT Analysis & Company Profile
- Southern Peru Copper Corporation: SWOT Analysis & Company Profile
- African Copper plc (ACU) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jiangxi Copper Company Limited (600362) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review