GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released a new report, “Ulcerative Colitis Therapeutics – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global ulcerative colitis therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Ulcerative Colitis sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the global Ulcerative Colitis (UC) market to be valued at $1.35 billion in 2009. It is estimated to grow at a reasonable CAGR of 5.9% annually for the next eight years to reach $2.14 billion by 2017. The growth will be driven by several factors, like intensification in UC prevalence, increasing awareness and expected approvals of biologics in the future. Barriers for the UC market include diagnostic limitations and a complex disease etiology, and these will moderately affect the growth of the market. These barriers can be overcome in due course with technological advances in the field of drug discovery and disease diagnosis.
The report analyzes market opportunities and challenges in the global ulcerative colitis market. Its scope includes
- Annual global ulcerative colitis market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include anti-inflammatory action, cytokine inhibitors, probiotics, Anti-T-cell, immunosuppressant and NSAIDs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ulcerative colitis market. Key market players covered are Abbott Laboratories, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc, Johnson & Johnson, Salix Pharmaceuticals.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with ulcerative colitis.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ulcerative colitis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global ulcerative colitis market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global ulcerative colitis market landscape? – identify, understand and capitalize.